Skip to main
Senior Application Timeline by Month
- Students should have taken at least one SAT and/or one ACT. Verify where tests scores have been sent on Collegeboard and ACT. Send scores to colleges where you will be applying.
- Students should schedule a meeting with a College Counselor to discuss their list of schools. Do you have a top 4-7? Make sure the colleges on your list are places you would attend.
- Students should have created an account with the Common Application, if applying to a Common App college.
- Students should identify at least two teachers they would like to ask to write letters of recommendation on their behalf. Students must ask teachers first in person and then request a letter of recommendation through Naviance. Students must give teachers at least four weeks’ notice for letters of recommendation!
- Check accuracy of your transcript. Make sure grades are correct and any summer school and on-line classes have been added.
- September 8 — Registration deadline for the October 7 SAT
- September 22 — Registration deadline for the October 28 ACT
- Register for SAT Subject Tests (check with the university to see if it’s required- usually highly selective schools). Test dates vary by subject. Students can register for up to three Subject Tests on a single test date. https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat-subject-tests
- Meet with college representatives when they visit Scottsdale Prep- a MUST if you’re applying there! View and sign up for visits on Naviance.
- Apply to ASU, NAU, and U of A to meet scholarship and housing deadlines.
- Complete Counselor Letter of Recommendation Survey and Teacher Letter of Recommendation Survey on Naviance.
- October 5 — Registration deadline for the November 4 SAT
- October 15 — Apply to UA for a decision by November 5th www.arizona.edu/future-students.
- Still trying to determine your final college list? Consider attending the Greater Phoenix National College Fair at the Phoenix Convention Center on 10/22.
- Complete & submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Complete & submit the CSS Profile, if your college financial aid office requires it.
- Continue to meet with visiting college representative.
- Schedule college admissions interviews with universities (if available or required).
- Revise, revise, revise your college essays.
- Meet with your college counselor to review final applications.
- Students applying to an Early Action or Early Decision plan should complete their applications by the November 1/15 deadline (varies with some schools).
- Explore scholarship possibilities: Check your colleges and merit scholarship search websites. View suggested websites.
- November 1/November 15 — Deadline for most Early Action/Early Decision apps.
- November 1 — Early Action Deadline for Barrett Honors College. This is the only application date where you can apply for reconsideration if you are initially denied.
- November 2 — Registration deadline for the December 2 SAT
- November 3 — Registration deadline for the December 9 ACT
- Apply to the University of California System by November 30. One UC System application serves all campuses; be sure to save a completed copy.
- December 1st is a common deadline for private university scholarships. Check the university website for private scholarships requiring a separate application.
- Put the finishing touches on remaining applications.
- Strive to have all applications submitted BEFORE finals week.
- Check deadlines for all applications.
- Colleges’ merit scholarship deadlines may be earlier than “regular” application deadlines!
- If you have applied for early decision/action or priority deadlines many will notify with admission decisions in December!
- Enjoy your winter break because you finished your applications!
- January 2 — Early Action II for Barrett Honors College (Regular Decision application due is February 25 and late consideration is April 1st.
- Many regular admission deadlines are early to mid January.
- College counseling office sends 7th semester transcripts to the schools listed in your active application list in Naviance.